Monday 20 April 2015

Number 79: Go to an art gallery that I haven’t been to





A few weekends ago, whilst on a short trip up to Manchester, I got chance to take a look around the newly-refurbished Whitworth Art Gallery.

I know.  I've been to this gallery before.  In fact, I lived next to it in my first year of University and used it, and the surrounding park, as my space to relax away from the flat.  But, with the extensive work they've done it feels like a completely different space.

We enjoyed lunch in the new cafe in the trees, which had disappointing service but excellent food (hopefully the service will be better next time we visit!).  Then we headed out into the galleries to look around the new exhibits, which were beautiful.  If you're in the area, it's definitely worth a visit.

Photos shamelessly stolen from my friend Alexa.

No comments:

Post a Comment